Thanks to all who were able to attend the club meeting despite some technical difficulties and Zoom meeting ID hick-ups.
2020 has been a relatively crappy year and far from normal to say the least (thank you Covid-19 restrictions), the upcoming 2020/21 season, also looks like it’ll be far from normal at this stage.
Frankly, we should feel very lucky that we’re able to have a season at all!
MEETING HIGHLIGHTS FOR UPCOMING AV SEASON
- Season kick-off end of November
- Approximately 10 rounds + finals (finals expected in March 2021)
- There may be some trial races and comp formats conducted
- There will be heavy restrictions on entries into the stadium
- The venue will be limited to 50 people per hour (not including officials) with events managed in 1hr blocks
- It’ll be unlikely that coaches and/or supporters will be allowed to enter the venue
- seperate entry and exit to the venue
- Athletes will only be able to sign up for 1 of the hour blocks, not multiple
- All equipment will require sanitising between each competitor
- Social distancing will be required at all times, even in track racing.
- it’s being proposed to race using every second lane
- social distancing when passing in longer track events will be discussed with competing athletes
- Limit to the number of events held, likely no more than 4-6, with a potential limit on throws/jumps to save time
- 4 metro regions and 3 regional will remain
- The venue will alternate between Aberfeldie and Werribee
- There will be reduced membership and competition fees
- Membership – $95 Open | $75 Junior
- Weekly competition entry – $15
- Competition package – $75 Open | $65 Junior
- It’s not recommedend that you register with Athletics Victoria or competition until at least November 5
- State titles and Nationals will proceed in 2021 as scheduled
Please note that some of these conditions are still being discussed and developed. It’ll be likely that these conditions will alter as per the Covid safe requirments by the Chief Health Officer and Victorian Government’s direction.